Graduate! Rhode Island provides guidance services to support returning learners going back to and through college. We have developed our approach which takes adults through four major stages: Explore, Prepare, Enroll, Persist, and finally Graduate. Graduate! Rhode Island’s advising staff guide returning learners together with academic advising specialists from our partner colleges. Advisors have expertise pertaining to adult students in academic advising, financial aid, learning strategies, retention, transfer credits, and have experience in a variety of 2 and 4 year college environments.
All services are FREE and offered at times and locations that are convenient for adults as well as by phone and email.
Services are triggered by a 5-minute online registration process with Graduate! Rhode Island. Adults are asked to provide contact information (phone option available), demographics, academic experience, self-identified barriers, and degree goals. All information is kept confidential and secure. Graduate! Rhode Island NEVER asks for a social security number.
- One-on-one advising and support
- Explore college options
- Meet with college advisors
- Creating a plan for you educational goals
- Evaluate Transcripts
- See if you can earn college credit for prior work experience
- Assistance with filling out FAFSA
- Identify sources of financial aid
- Complete applications
- Attend Orientation
- Connect with school advisors
- Connect with campus resources
- Follow education plan
- Secure funds for continued schooling
- Connect with Graduate! Rhode Island advisors throughout the semester.